ASAP Bail Bonds is a professional bail bond company that serves those who need to Tomball, TX bail out of jail. At ASAP, we understand that each and every case is different. Therefore, individual needs will vary from client to client. As such, we strive to provide nothing but the utmost respect, professionalism, and prompt service.
While we do serve clients in the Tomball area, we also serve clients all over Greater Houston too. Not to mention, our services are available 24/7, 365 days a year; trouble doesn’t stop just because the Christmas lights are turned on!
Not sure what a bail bond is or how it could benefit you and your family? Keep reading to learn more about what a bail bond can do for you!
What Is a Bail Bond?
A bail bond is a type of financial guarantee that a defendant will appear in court, as required by a judge, to answer for a criminal charge. A bail bond guarantees the defendant’s appearance at a certain time and place, which allows the accused to be released from jail until the case is resolved.
Your bail bond will be collected by a bail agent. It’s important to understand that you are not paying a fine or bail amount to get out of jail; the court will determine how much money your bail bond must total. If the court decides that you do not have the ability to pay the total amount of your bail, you may be eligible to post a bail bond.
In most cases, the defendant will still be responsible for paying all court-ordered fines and costs, such as attorney’s fees and witness expenses, even if they’re released on a bail bond.
There are a couple of different types of bail bonds too. Each of these will provide different levels of protection while also accomplishing different goals.
- Cash Bond:A cash bail bond is a type of bail bond that requires the full amount of the bail to be paid in cash upfront. The bail is paid in full to the court, and then the defendant must post the full cash amount of the bond. If the defendant does not post the full cash amount of the bond, they will be released from jail, and their cash bond will be forfeited. The advantage of a cash bail bond is that it allows the defendant to be released from jail before trial, even if their bail is still too high for them to pay.
- PR Bail Bond:A PR bail bond is a type of bail bond that is typically used in Puerto Rico. This type of bail bond is usually posted by a family member or friend of the accused person, and it is designed to ensure that the accused person appears in court for their trial. The main purpose of this type of bail bond is to ensure that the accused person returns to court for their trial, so they can be present when the judge is making a decision about the case. A PR bail bond is posted by a person who does not work for a bail bonds company but rather for a PR bail bond agency.
- Transfer Bail Bond:A transfer bail bond is a type of bail bond that allows a defendant to be transferred from one jurisdiction to another. For example, if a defendant is charged with a crime in one state and the suspect is located in another state, the bail agent would submit a transfer bail bond application to the court. The court will then allow the bail agent to post the full amount of the bail bond to ensure that the defendant appears for his/her court date.
- Federal Bail Bond:A federal bail bond is a type of surety bond that is posted in order to secure the release of a defendant who has been charged with a federal crime. The bond is usually posted by a bail bond company and is typically 10% (some states have put a cap of 8% on the amount charged) of the total bail amount.
What Happens if I Cannot Tomball, TX Bail Out of Jail?
When you are arrested, law enforcement will typically issue a citation to appear in court at a later date. If you cannot pay the fine, you may be required to Tomball, TX bail out of jail in order to retain your freedom while your case is pending. Under these circumstances, it may be difficult or even impossible for you to find a bail bondsman to help you.
Your options may be limited to posting the full amount of bail or forfeiting your freedom. If you cannot afford to post bail, you should contact a lawyer immediately. If you are unable to retain legal representation, your case may be seriously compromised.
If you are unable to post bail, a court may release you on your own recognizance (your promise to appear in court at a later date). The court will typically set a court date for you to appear. However, if you are released on your own recognizance, you must appear in court before your court date, or a warrant may be issued for your arrest.
Contact ASAP Bail Bonds Today!
If you or a loved one is in need of a bail bond in Tomball or anywhere else in Greater Houston, don’t hesitate to contact ASAP Bail Bonds.
Our experienced team is available 24/7 to help you through this difficult time. Give us a call today at (713) 225-2727, and let us get started helping you get back to your family.
Time won’t wait for you; we can help you Tomball, TX bail out of jail today!
Fun Facts About Tomball TX:
- The city has a 97% Excellent rating of the Utilities Gas System.
- Tomball was awarded the “Superior Public Drinking Water System” from the TCEQ.
- The area began to prosper around 1906 when it became a railroad town.
- For more information about Tomball TX, please visit the official website.